Physiotherapy for everyone
Located in Warriewood on the Northern Beaches’ at Max Sports Physiotherapy we look after everyone from kids to adults. Our aim is to get you back on your feet, living your active life, as soon as possible. We treat elite athletes and active people with sporting injuries, as well as people with chronic conditions and Scoliosis.
We have a highly experienced team of Physiotherapists who genuinely care about the needs of our patients. We treat our patients like family and are committed to you and your family’s health and wellbeing.
Our aim is to provide a professional, current and consistent service to all of our patients. We take pride in being one of the best Physiotherapy Clinics on the Northern Beaches, offering advanced Physio treatments not found elsewhere, including our specialist Schroth Scoliosis treatments. For more information on Schroth Scoliosis click here
We take a completely holistic approach to our Physiotherapy treatments – looking at a number of contributing factors such as diet and lifestyle, before recommending a treatment plan. We genuinely want our patients to feel better all over. With this in mind, we also offer the services of an in-house Dietitian and Child and Family Psychologist. We also run Kids’ Stretch and Strength classes.
Contact Us today to book your next Physio appointment, (02) 8914 0508, and find out why Max Sports is one of the premier Physio Clinics on the Northern Beaches. Alternatively, you can book online.
Our Area of Expertise
At Max Sports, we can treat a number of pain and injury complaints. We have worked with elite athletes (both adults and kids), people with chronic conditions, kids with scoliosis and those suffering general or sporting injuries.
Here is a list of the conditions that we treat.
- Scoliosis (Schroth Method)
- Pain and injury in the: back and neck; hips and knees; limbs and hands; and sciatica.
- Acute pain and traumatic injuries
- Chronic conditions
- Ligament, tendon, joint and muscular injuries, such as: tennis elbow; plantar fasciitis and heel spurs; and Achilles tendon and rotator cuff impingement and tears
- Sporting and gym injuries, such as soccer, cheerleading and running
- Post-surgery rehabilitation and return to sport
- Scheurmann’s Disease and hyperkyphosis
- Children’s injuries such as Severs’ Disease and Osgood Schlatters’ Disease
Our Holistic Approach
At Max Sports, we take a holistic approach to Physiotherapy. We look at the whole person to find out what the causes of the pain or injury might be. We also look at diet and nutrition, as well as lifestyle factors, before recommending a way forward. We believe in treating the cause, and ongoing injury prevention, not implementing a quick fix. It’s this approach that sets us apart and leaves our patients feeling well-equipped to return to their sporting, work and life activities again.
Here’s why we’re different.
- We treat the cause and tackle prevention, not just a quick fix
- We offer one-on-one specialised Schroth Scoliosis sessions
- We believe in educating our patients and giving them options
- We get results in acute and chronic pain situations
- We have postural expertise
- We have a Dietitian and Psychologist on hand
- We offer Dry Needling
- We offer a range of classes, including: Kids’ Stretch and Strength Classes; Kids’ Cook Eat Move Classes
- We can refer for X-Ray and EOS (less radiation than X-Ray) for postural assessments
- We are well connected and will refer patients if we’re not getting results
- We provide written and detailed exercise and treatment programs
Our Director, Rosemary Marchese, has over twenty years of experience in Physiotherapy, fitness consulting, training and nutrition. She is passionate about helping people, especially kids, with Scoliosis. In 2017 she became certified in the Schroth method of Scoliosis treatment and in 2018 attained the BSPTS C2 Advanced Certification for Schroth. This is an advanced method of Scoliosis treatment that has seen remarkable improvements in patients. Rosemary is one of only five people in Australia trained in the Schroth method, under the Barcelona School of Physical Therapy; and is leading the way in this area of treatment. For more information click here
Our Physiotherapy Care Plan
When treating our patients, we develop a Max Sports Physiotherapy Care Plan for them. This includes their treatment with us, and any other necessary services or referrals. A Care Plan can include any of the following.
- Specialist one-on-one Physiotherapy by our experienced and caring team.
- Immediate referral, and advice, for further assessment by your GP, podiatrist or another specialist
- Formthotics (or referral to a podiatrist if required)
- Liaison with your GP, Specialist, Coach or other professionals that need to be part of your care plan
- A session with our in-house Dietician to help with nutrition advice
- A session with our in-house child and family Psychologist to support children experiencing difficulties due to their treatment, and other affected family members where required
What to expect
We take your care and your health very seriously. At your first appointment, your experienced and caring Physiotherapist will take a thorough case history and conduct a full examination. In some cases, you may be referred for an X-ray, or EOS scan, or ultrasound to ensure you get the most accurate diagnosis possible.
Once we have all the information we need, we will develop a detailed and specialised treatment plan for you. This will include a combination of both manual therapy and exercises for maximum pain relief and injury rehabilitation. If your recovery is taking longer than initially expected, we will refer you to a specialist for further assessment.
You can be assured that your rehabilitation is our number one priority and we will have you returning to work or sport as soon as we can.
Our well-equipped clinic, and our fun and friendly staff, offer you a reliable and professional service. At Max Sports our aim is to get you back on your feet and living an active lifestyle again in no time.
We accept Workers Compensation, Third Party and Team Care Arrangements under Medicare.
Call us today on (02) 8914 0508, or book online. We look forward to treating you in our clinic very soon!